Indianapolis Water Softener Repair & Installation
Water softener systems soften water by removing the minerals that cause the water to be hard. Water can contain a high level of calcium and magnesium, leading to hard water. Hard water constitutes several problems throughout your Indianapolis area home that you may or may not have noticed. Some benefits of water softening include:
- Cleaner and shinier silverware, glassware, mirrors, tiles, cars, or any plumbing fixtures.
- Softer skin and clean, smooth hair.
- Reduced soap curd, which makes cleaning easier and reduces housework.
- Using less soap and shampoo because of the rich lather softened water and soap produces.
- Softer clothes without hard minerals trapped in the fabric. Fabrics last longer and whites stay whiter without the dingy gray caused by hard water.
- Preserving the life of all water appliances such as water heaters, toilets, faucets, dishwashers and laundry equipment.
- Saving money on monthly energy costs.
B&W has installed water softeners in the Indianapolis area for more than 50 years. If you want a company with experience in water filtration and can take care of all your water softener installation needs, then B&W is right for you! We’ll get the job done right the first time.
Signs Your Water Softener Might Need to Be Repaired or Replaced
As water softeners get older, some of their parts will break down. When this happens, it’s common for a leak to begin. A leak can be a clear indication that it’s time to repair or replace your water softener.
Not Using Salt
If your softener starts using less salt, it could be a sign that it’s not regenerating, and your water is not being softened.
The average life of water softeners is 7-10 years.
Tips for Maintaining Your Water Softener
Regularly Check Your System’s Salt Levels
Salt is found in the brine tank, which is used to produce sodium ions. If your salt level is too low, the softener won’t have what it needs to perform this process. Hard water leaves chalky white residue on fixtures and leaves skin and hair feeling sticky and dry.
Look for and Eliminate Salt Bridges
A salt bridge is a crusty buildup of salt residue and collects in the tank of your water softener system. If a salt bridge forms, the salt will not dissolve in the water to form brine. Without the brine, the resin does not regenerate properly, so the water does not get softened. A salt bridge can form in high humidity or by using low-quality salt.
Use the Right Type of Salt
You should only use high-quality salt designed for water softeners. A high level of insoluble impurities is in other types of salts that could build up and clog your system. High-purity salt costs more, but the investment to protect the longevity of your water softener is worth it.
Signs Your Home Needs a Water Softener
- Your silverware has “spots.” Mineral deposits can leave milky white spots on everything from your plates and forks to your coffee pot.
- Poor water pressure. If mineral deposits are being left on your silverware, then what’s going on in your pipes? Over time, mineral build-up can clog your pipes and affect your water pressure.
- Dry skin and hair. Minerals don’t dissolve; they sit on your skin and leave it feeling dry and rough. All that calcium and magnesium will eventually take a toll on your hair and skin, no matter how much soap or shampoo you use.
- Your clothes are fading. If after one or two washes your brand new shirt is already starting to fade, it may not be the designer’s fault. Hard water strips clothes of their color and texture. Instead of stocking up on fabric softener, consider a water softener.
If you’re ready to see the benefits of having a water softener installed, don’t hesitate to get in contact with B&W today. Whether you’re located in Fishers, Carmel, Greenwood, or the surrounding Indianapolis areas, B&W can help.
Learn More About B&W’s Service Plan
B&W’s Planned Service Agreements include a fall heating system check/tune up followed by a spring maintenance cooling system check/tune up. Along with spring and fall maintenance check-ups, there is a 10% discount on plumbing, heating, and cooling repairs. When you sign up for a Planned Service Agreement, you come first and receive preferred scheduling. There are no overtime fees on service requests for nights and weekends.
Contact B&W for Water Softener Repair and Installation in Indianapolis
B&W has installed and repairing whole-house water softeners in the Indianapolis and central Indiana area for over 50 years. As a top-rated company in the Indianapolis area, B&W employs professional technicians who are the people you can trust to make sure your family and home are safe. Dial our phone number, and give us a call today at 317-406-0699 for Indianapolis water softener installation or repair services!